Friday 22 February 2013

What makes you happy as a teacher?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95286689@N00/
I taught as catechist in a non-sectarian school in Davao City sometime in 1995. The room was near a major road in Davao making it difficult to compete with the noise of passing cars.  It was a test of patience and determination on my part.  

On my last day with the students, I received the most meaningful gift in my career as a teacher.  A student  put something in my pocket while I was exiting the room.  When I pulled it out, it was a wallet- a gift form this student.  What made the gift more meaningful was the fact that it came from a student who was considered by other teachers as problematic.  In fact, he has many absences in class.  Not only that, this student who gave me a gift was a Muslim.  I was teaching about Christ in our class.  I could never forget that experience.  I considered myself at that time as the best teacher in the world. What a happy life indeed to be a teacher. 

What about you?  Have you found happiness in life in your career?

What makes you happy as a teacher?  Watch on this video and be inspired from these teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment