Friday 15 March 2013

Are you a judge or a talent discover?

by Randy Tudy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87067940@N00
This question came up to my mind when I saw a video of one of my favorite singers- Jackie Evancho.

I would like you to watch this video and gain inspiration not only by this little girl but how her parents discovered and how the America's Got Talent showed her talent to the world.

Thus, the question propped in my mind.  As a teacher, how can I also discover my students' talents and skills?  As a teacher, how can I provide opportunities so that my students' talents and skills will be known to the world?

When I was teaching in the elementary, I remember one kid who was not really doing well in class.  One time the  moderator of a school paper looked for a cartoonist.  This kid was chosen but nobody believed.  In fact some, including myself, thought it was just done to complete the line up of students since it was needed for a contest in journalism.  It turned out that this kid won first place. 

Opportunity was given.  The stage was the Division Press Conference.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45409431@N00/

Friends, watch this VIDEO.   I know you will be interested to see more videos about this girl.  Just type her name in Youtube.  

1 comment: