Friday 15 March 2013

Lessons on wisdom, creativity & hardwork

by Randy Tudy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14111752@N07/

One of the things I learned as a college student is to be creative.  As teachers to be, we were taught how to maximize indigenous materials as visual aids.  We were also encouraged to use community resources in order to supplement our lessons in the classroom.

In one of my classroom visits as a principal, I was impressed by teacher Verns' creativity.  She made a "sampayan" or clothesline clothing.  During the interaction part, she asked students to pick up papers on her table which correspond to the answer to her question and put them on the "sampayan" using a clip.  It was really fun.  Kinder pupils were giggling while doing the activity.  That's creativity.

Indeed, as teachers we need to find creative ways so students will not get bored in our class.  
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73645804@N00/
I like elementary pupils because they have so much enthusiasm especially if you introduce new things.  One time I told my students to bring used newspaper.  I didn't tell the what is the use of it.  Actually, the following day, I brought them outside the classroom under a big tree within the school and held my class there.  The old newspaper?  They used it because we just squatted on the ground.  After that, the students kept asking me when will I ask again for them to bring an old newspaper.  

I'm going to share to you a video.  It is not only about creativity but it talks about wisdom and hardwork.  As teachers, we need to have these 3 and also teach these to our students.



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to share to you a video. It is not only about creativity but it talks about wisdom and hardwork.

    Playgroup Singapore

    ReplyDelete