Saturday 16 February 2013

How to deliver power teaching?

You cannot cook the same menu everyday.  Otherwise, nobody will eat your food.  I remember these words from one of our speakers during a convention.  She was referring to a teacher's teaching strategies.  It has to be varied.  Students should be excited to a new strategy.  But if a teacher uses the same strategy all over again, students will not be motivated to engage.  It is already expected.

In order to help my teachers learn different teaching strategies, I complied different strategies that I found useful.  I printed them and distributed one copy to teachers per subject area. 

Two  or three years ago, I shared this video to my teachers. The day after, while doing my daily rounds, I heard a teacher used this technique.  This strategy is very effective to elementary students but this can also be applied to high school and even college students.  Watch this.


No comments:

Post a Comment